Thursday, July 19, 2007

Swing hard

Swings! I could spend hours on one. I wonder if there's a chance that they are some form of exercise?

Thanks to some help from all the grandpas and grandmas we now have some swings and a fort in our backyard. After about eight hours of taking the set down and reassembling it (I found it used on Craig's List), we are in love with it! We've picnicked in the fort, swung like crazy, and climbed to our hearts content. I'm loving this as much as the boys!

Yesterday H was out on the glider and I ran out just in time to catch him before he fell off - he had swung himself almost asleep.



Little E has found contentment in a baby swing that an old friend gave us before they moved. It has a nice angled lounge to it and since I've determined that he's the king of lounge it's a good fit.



H and I have determined that the best way to end the day is to swing hard and then glide into a slow swing so you can tilt your head back and look up at the leaves on the trees, the crescent shaped moon, and contrails.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I used to love to swing until about a year ago. In the past couple of years whenever I try, I get completely sick. Must be a sort of motion sickness.

Mom said it was because I'm getting older.

Nice.

Anonymous said...

Oh! That picture of H is priceless. What a pumpkin...and E...that boy is a charmer. Kiss them for me!