Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thinking & Knowing

We spent a good portion of our day today playing with some cousins out at Grandma and Grandpas. My boys really enjoyed playing with the "big" cousins and h especially wanted to know when the oldest (who was out helping Grandpa with some landscaping) was going to be done being a grown up. I think he was trying to figure out what it meant to have a grown up cousin. Kinda cute.

On the way home he was busy rambling on about this and that (honestly he talks so quietly I don't know what he's saying half the time) when I heard him say "I need to think about that." then about four seconds later, "Okay that was enough, that was too much excitement." No kidding - his words!

At times H and E find themselves in the middle of a scuffle (imagine that!). On the occasion that I don't see what has happened H has been very creative with his excuses as to why E is crying. Usually his answer is "he pinched his fingers in the drawer!" Today, knowing that there was a drawer NO where near the incident, I called him on his reply. "That's not what happened H, tell me what YOU did." To which he shockingly exclaimed "Who told you!?" I was able to come back with the all authoritative mom voice "I just know!" I think we'll be reading about George Washington and the Cherry Tree sometime soon.

No comments: