For week two of our online Dave Ramsey financial class Ga came over to watch the boys and we hit Baker's Square (because they have WI-FI and are open later then the coffee shops, oh yah and there is the pie!). It was a bummer that we couldn't get the video to work (I guess the WI-FI didn't work as we had hoped) so we sat there piled into a booth seat, shared a pair of ear buds and just listened to the session. We had a great time and kept cracking up over the humor. DR spoke a lot about the frequent difference in spouses (the nerd and the free spirit). I wear the nerd hat and EH wears the free spirit hat - but I have to say that neither one of us are die-hard to those descriptions. Our assignment: to create a quickie budget. Done.
Week three we did out at my parent's house. In this session we went over financial forms and how to use them. EH and I paused it a lot to follow our own rabbit trail discussions. This is our first month trying to operate on the budget and as we were advised, it's not balancing out "right". They say it will take 2-3 months. What's one supposed to do when the amount you have budgeted for gifts should work (once it gets beefed up after a couple of months) but it happens to be a big gift month - ack! I guess it will be a good exercise in humility as I won't be able to give as I'd like. EH is the voice of reason reminding me that folks probably don't put as much thought into what we spend on them as I think they do.
This Sunday we plan to do double duty on our lessons as we're a little behind and we'd like to accomplish as much as possible before this babe arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment