Agent H was feeling chatty as we visited with our pastor after the sermon tonight. He discussed being the big brother and all that that entails and just as we were about to leave, he thought he'd throw this in for conversation:
"You know, my brother here (thumbing to Ebug) gets a treat whenever he goes BM on the toilet."
I think it took a moment to sink in that he did indeed just discuss potty training with the pastor. Ebug then felt the need to follow that up with an invitation to our weekly pizza/movie night. I guess we'll need to work on what is and isn't polite conversation.
** As a side note: Ebug has now successfully earned 2 of the previously mentioned treats!**
3 comments:
I'm afraid we videoed our daughter discussing this type of thing when she was little. Now, as a teenager, she is mortified everytime we show family movies! I guess God knew we parents need lessons in humbleness!! (maybe my daughter too!)
That's wonderful! For you that is, maybe not so much for your daughter. :) We really need to use our video camera more - some things just can't be explained in writing as well as in video.
Oh I feel your pain. I want my kids to be "chatty" with adults but so often, when that happens, I cringe at what comes out. Face reddens, pulse quickens, uncomfortable chuckle and the need to flee immediately occurs. :)
Post a Comment