Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer's work

This year was a fresh new start to gardening. I moved our garden from the back of the house (just not enough sun) to the front yard where I can eek out about 7 hours of sun in one little 6x6 spot. Some cement blocks donated from my parents, landscape material, and about a 'zillion pounds of peat moss and manure and we had our first raised garden. I purchased my seedlings from a friend who is starting a planting, etc business. She uses heirloom/organic seeds and cares for them the way I would (that is if I didn't have a wanna-be green thumb that's mostly black)
The yield was tremendous! I dehydrated tomatoes off and on for weeks and the rest my mom canned for me.











I guess this was a pretty common picture for the summer. I have been working to beautify the entrance to our driveway for a few years. It's taken many years but I think I'm finally starting to like it. My dear secret sister from co-op gifted me transplants from her garden for my birthday. I'm looking forward to seeing them fill in over the next few years. What an amazing gift!

No comments: