
Here we took some chicken bones and tried to guess how to put them back together. There is a neat blog post on Wired where a father and son actually glued an entire chicken skeleton back together.

One afternoon we doned our swim suits and wrote out the names of the bones on ourselves. The General was a most willing model! I usually catch him coloring on himself so he was thrilled to have Mom color on him!

I got in on the action.
I guess I don't have any pictures but I cut a few paper dolls out of black construction paper and the boys drew a skeleton on them. I got that idea and a printable toddler size skeleton puzzle from Spell Out Loud. I also printed off some neat X-ray samples for the kids to study from a blog called Chasing Marcus but when I went back to get a link it looks like her blog is invitation only now.

Agent H is putting the finishing touches on our bone model "Sandy".
The boys (esp Agent E) liked the Dem Bones movie on YouTube. "The head bone is connected to the neckbone, the neck bone is connected to the shoulder bone . . .". Yep, that one. :)
Here is my Pinterest board for our bone and muscle study. Muscles are coming up this week. We are putting all our little paper bits into a lapbook or notebook for review later. One thing I want to say about Pinterest, yes I love how it helps me to organize my school ideas, but I also very much like how you can watch Youtube videos directly on their site, thus missing out on all the suggested videos on the side when you watch directly from Youtube's website. Less screening to be done . . . Bonus!
No comments:
Post a Comment