Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Easter 2012


This was our Easter tomb display.  There may have been some creative freedom expressed here (this is the way I had intended for it to look) .  The Lego guys represent the angels at the tomb, there was an Army guy (one with no gun) that represented Jesus in the tomb.  I don't recall why all the extra Amy guys are around.  I think they may be left over from some play acting.





These beautifully painted little Easter eggs were a gift from my mom last year - it was a treat to pull them out this year and have the boys decorate a "tree" together.






We made some cookies that were inspired by these at Sycamore Stirrings but instead of the cookie base we made some yummy raspberry coconut macaroons from Smitten Kitchen and piled some little jelly bean eggs in the nests.  They bring macaroons to a whole new wonderful level!


The week leading up to Easter we did Noel Piper's Lenten Lights.  We will be doing this again, it was a very special way to remind myself and the kids why we celebrate.

No comments: