H experienced his first visit to the theater. Frog and Toad was the play and it was very well performed. Auntie P arranged everything with her homeschool group and we got to bring her two oldest along with us while she watched Little E and her youngest. I assumed that Frog and Toad would be wearing some type of frogish face or feet so I was slightly put off when they didn't. It wasn't until I was absorbed into the show that I realized it didn't even a matter. The actors were so good at becoming their parts with mannerisms and voices alone.
There was one intense part where Frog is telling Toad a scary story. I had my eyes on my youngest two kids. They were faring pretty well until in a split second H launched himself out of his chair and into my lap. In another scene some teasing critters pull open the bottom flap on Toad's '20's style swim suit revealing brown froggy skin. My H was mortified that someone would even consider doing that to someone and couldn't figure out why they wanted to see Toads bottom. So many questions and endless discussion on the topic ensued. Thankfully he seems to be over it now.
The day of the play also happened to be the day that we received large amounts of snow. So after about a total of 5 hours of snail pace travel through the snow and passing a dozen or so cars in the ditch or smashed up I was so grateful to be home safe and sound. The kids did great in the car amusing themselves with books, songs, radio theater, and the alphabet game.
2 comments:
Thanks for being a cool aunt and braving the weather and the cities.
Sure - thanks for doing all the planning. I'm so glad that I got to go - snow and all!
Post a Comment