Next week will be little E's 1 year well-baby check. Our old pediatrician (who was used to our ways) has moved so now we've got to break in a new doctor and set of nurses with our choices in child health care. So since it's always a good idea to remember why you're doing things the way you are, the other night I decided to refresh myself on the reasons why we've chosen not to vaccinate our kids. I was again reminded of the reasons why I strongly oppose most vaccinations.
(Please note that I of course understand that this is a personal decision for each family - I have family and friends who have chosen both routes and I respect both. I also think I'm right, and I'd better otherwise I have no business doing what I'm doing.
* My first objection is to the amount of vaccines that are given to tiny infants: "Before reaching the age of two, he or she will have received 32 vaccinations . . . seven vaccines injected into a 13-pound, two-month old infant are equivalent to 70 doses in a 130 pound adult." It is said that a child can safely receive the recommended amount of vaccines; however they have not proven that it is safe for an infant.
* The CDC has not done any studies regarding the long-term side effects of vaccines - the only studies that have been done have been over the course of three to four weeks. Not exactly long-term.
* Some shots (I don't know which ones) contain aborted fetuses
* Mercury is used as a preservative in vaccines (mercury is being or has been linked to the increase in Alzheimer's and a slew of other immune system disorders). Aren't we all trying to stay away from fish that has high mercury levels?
* I think that the folks who research whether or not a vaccine is safe own stock in what they are testing and are therefore ready to approve poison (if they think they can get away with it) - I've read about legitimate circumstances where this is true (plus I think I'm a closet conspiracy theorist!)
What's more, why has there been an insane increase in the amount of neurological and immune system disorders in our nation's children? Why does one in every 68 American families have an autistic child (I know of four families with an autistic child). Other issues rarely seen prior to mandatory vaccination schedules: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma and bowel disorders.
I will admit that vaccines may not be the one and only link to the above mentioned problems. I also think that many of the toxins in our medicine cabinets (acetaminophen, etc), preservatives and chemicals in our skin products, and the preservatives, pasteurization, pesticides, etc. that's in or been done to our food, and lack of sleep are contributing factors. When all these factors are pumped into our bodies - it's no wonder why we have weak immune systems and are so sick.
Did you know that doctors are actually the leading cause of death . . . the death rate goes down when doctors go on strike. In all fairness, I trust my doctors to have the best interest of my kids at heart, I just don't trust what they trust - their training and research sources.
By the way, did you know that the CDC has admitted that the flu vaccine doesn't actually work.
Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. Much of this information came from What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave with Deborah Mitchell and an article from the Mercola website (mercola.com) written by Donald W. Miller, Jr.
2 comments:
You preach it girl! I tend to
agree with you! There is so much
more too, to be aware of in the
medical realm. Without knowledge
people perish..
It is so nice to have someone else out there advocate for something you belive in. As one of the four families you know who have an autistic child - I'm so glad that we've gotten back in touch and have been able to bounce stuff off one another. Taking the "no vacinne route" isn't easy but I'm proud to stand with you and wish that the things that go on in our home where more excepted by our friends and family as well. God Bless - hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment