We're going to try out some non-toxic bug spray for the yard in hopes that that will help reduce the mosquito population (it smells very strongly of garlic!). I'll let you know how that goes. One other option that we've seriously considered and that we will probably follow through on is a bat house. Just saying that makes my skin want to crawl but EH insists that they are harmless and they could really help cut down the bug population. Since I really want us to be able to enjoy our backyard I'm willing to give it a shot.
Family, homeschool, a little about crunchy living and things loved from an introvert who finally found a way to communicate what's going on inside her head.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Bug Defense
Our backyard is mosquito infested.
I'm not a big fan of bug spray cause once the kids are done outside and come inside I feel like they need a bath so they don't rub it off all over the inside of the house. However for those times when the swing set calls, we've found a great bug spray that actually works and it doesn't contain any DEET. The adult version has some parabens in it but the kids version doesn't. It's this Herbal Armor by All Terrain.
We're going to try out some non-toxic bug spray for the yard in hopes that that will help reduce the mosquito population (it smells very strongly of garlic!). I'll let you know how that goes. One other option that we've seriously considered and that we will probably follow through on is a bat house. Just saying that makes my skin want to crawl but EH insists that they are harmless and they could really help cut down the bug population. Since I really want us to be able to enjoy our backyard I'm willing to give it a shot.
We're going to try out some non-toxic bug spray for the yard in hopes that that will help reduce the mosquito population (it smells very strongly of garlic!). I'll let you know how that goes. One other option that we've seriously considered and that we will probably follow through on is a bat house. Just saying that makes my skin want to crawl but EH insists that they are harmless and they could really help cut down the bug population. Since I really want us to be able to enjoy our backyard I'm willing to give it a shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We love bats! We've had them roost in our shutters ever since we moved in. I don't think we've put on bug spray once since living here, which may be for a number of reasons. The bats have been fun to watch at night. Cute little things.
Nice info on that spray, we'll have to try it out.
Post a Comment