I received a call from Planned Parenthood today. They wanted to know who I was going to vote for in the senate race. The caller's response to my answer was "Well thanks anyway." My vote . . . I sure hope it makes a difference, I know they say it does but sometimes you wonder. Maybe it's just the discouragement that comes from living in a lefty state.
While I'm at it (sorry folks), why is it that if you're interested in living "green" it's assumed that you're also a liberal. Grrr . . . and grrr some more. I hope my lefty friends still like me . . .
4 comments:
Yep, even with the Mc Cain representative I got silence on the other end of the phone when I stated that some of the most important issues to me are homeschooling and abortion.
I clicked on you from MTM and I so hear what you are saying! Everyone ASSUMES they know what and how I lean but no one ever ASKS! and when they do they invariably stutter "bu..bu..but I thought you were all into organic and green stuff..." I don't do politics on my blog at all. 4 years ago I got hate mail (over 200) for just asking my blogging "friends" at the time to get along. I didn't even make a political stand (until later) and I still got slammed.
Sigh.
Just wanted to say I've been there too and hope my lefty friends at least try to understand :)
PW - I hope they call me too! Bummer that it will probably be when all the kids are screaming. . .
Tapsalteerie,
Thanks for the support! I'd rather not be controversial but sometimes one just wants to post what's on one's mind and close to the heart. Happy voting and see you at MTM!
Post a Comment