Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sleep tight crunchy style

It's gonna be a crunchy post today. Life is full of humorus kid happenings and homeschool but we still have some wholesome crunchy goodness going on behind the scenes.

As we tuck the little ones in for bed at night, 5 out of 7 of the nights you can be sure you will hear the infamous words "my leg hurts", "my throat hurts", "my tummy hurts", or I have bugs in my leg" (yes you read that right and no we don't have flees, last I checked).

My cure for a leg ache & buggy legs (AKA: dry/itchy skin): Massage said limb with yummy coconut lotion and prop up on stuffed animal.

My cure for hurting throat: It used to be a Ricola throat drop but felt uneasy about putting a kid to bed with something they could choke on SO I was pleased when I discovered Super Kids Throat Spray by Herbs for Kids. It's peppermint flavored throat relief and does the job nicely.

My cure for upset tummy: Minty Ginger by Herbs for Kids. Squeeze a dropper of this tonic into mouth and let the ginger do it's trick.

A little backrub, maybe a small sip of water, a whispered prayer and hopefully they will stay put till the sand man comes. Of course everyone has their own tricks, these are just what happen to work for us.

No comments: