Friday, November 11, 2011

Ordering with buying clubs

What do you know, here's a little something crunchy for a change.

I am involved in four buying clubs. This may be dropping down to three soon because well, just because . . . something has to go.

The one I've been with for the longest is Azure Standard. A group of friends and I order from them once a month. This is where I buy a lot of organic grocery type items (ie: peanut butter, ketchup, pasta, snacks, 50 pound bags of rolled oats and wheat berries, etc). It depends on what you buy but for the most part their prices beat what I can get at my local co-op.

Then comes Frontier. I buy most of our vitamins and toiletries here (ie: Yummi Bears, deoderant, shampoo, Maggie's Organic, Yummy Earth lollipops). The prices are amazing! This is what my table looks like after I've opened all the boxes. It's so much fun to see all the products that other's order and recommend.
























Next is our milk club. Since raw milk farmers are so harrassed I won't be giving out the name of our farm but I'll just say that I'm so grateful to this farm. They have had such a hard time of it and yet they still work hard to provide us with what they/we believe to be a healthy product. I won't go into the praises of raw milk here but if you'd like to you can read more about it at realmilk.com or at the Weston A. Price website. For the record we've been drinking it for about five years now without any problems and my dad has some good stories about growing up with it.

The final club (the one I'll probably be dropping out of . . . again) is the produce club. It's like going to an indoor farmer's market with all the fresh, organic produce. It's a wonderful resource but since I can get apples from Azure, carrots, romaine, and spinach from Costco during the winter months I'll probably be simplifying.

We're always open to new members with Azure and Frontier so if you'd like to order with us get in touch with me.

2 comments:

Bruce and Linda Mitton said...

That is so sad about the farmers. We have been drinking that terrible outlawed stuff since we moved here (14 yrs ago).Great to have a relative for a farmer.

Granola said...

That is nice! :)