Friday, December 16, 2011

Expedition Earth: Italy

Here we come Italy! Thank you Confessions of a Homeschooler's Expedition Earth for a great journey!

Ciao! Oh I loved studying Italy!

We painted (okay drew because I didn't want to clean up dripped paint) like Michelangelo. Papers taped to the underside of the kitchen table.

















Learned about different noodle shapes.











We ate our Italian meal to the sound of an Opera (Pavarotti I think).











We read about Pompei and about volcanoes. Here we are putting the final ingredients in our volcano cake. . .
















We watched Roman Holiday (love, love!), played Mario Cart and said lots of "Momma Mia!", read Tony and the Pizza Champions, watched Youtube videos of tossing pizza crusts and the building of the Colosseum, found age appropiate pictures of the Sistine Chapel (not so easy!), and The General even joined in with a little craft of his own from No Time for Flashcards. Thank you Kristie for that tip! I really have no idea what the spoon is about. :)











Here is the link to my Pinterest board for Italy.

No comments: