Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Life Spoken

For the past year or two I have been thinking more seriously about my health. If I believed in luck, I'd have said that the cards have been stacked against me. It seems everywhere you look in my history there's a record of cancer. I've had this feeling to rush and have babies soon so that they can be older when I get the diagnosis. It hasn't been a fearful thing, I don't fear death, but I also want to spend as much time with my children as possible, and certainly my husband whom I hope to grow old with. I've heard before about how genetics really has so little to do with cancer and that it's mostly environment/habits but it didn't sink in. That is until last week, my mom sternly spoke words of life into my life. I feel like I no longer have a death (or life of illness) sentence over my head. While there is still the possibility that it will be something that I have to struggle with, I no longer expect it. We'll continue to avoid as many of the pesticides, chemical hormones, GMOs, man-mutilated foods and environmental hazards as possible, but then there is still LIFE.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -John 10:10

Thanks for life mom, again!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Yes, what good words from John. I recall that when we discovered that colon cancer ran in the family, that I was determined that I would not obsess about it. Make good life choices, yes, but not let it run my Life. God has determined the days of our lives regardless of the many earthly things that might take it. We have wonderful peace that he is in control.