Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Clean up

Don't go downstairs, unless you want to risk a broken leg. Toys have taken over the lower level of our place and it is seriously becoming hazardous. H is a very good helper but it's always fun to put a spin on cleaning up and I'm hoping to KEEP it cleaner for the long run so I very seriously looked at H and put the situation in three year old terms. Firefighters. I explained that if the firefighters ever had to come to our house they might trip over the toys in our basement in their attempt to rescue someone. H's eyes got huge and of course anything he could do to help the firefighters is of utmost importance to him. I never once had to remind him what we were doing - he was on a mission for the firefighters. It worked and still works at the end of the day too when we need to do some touch up work.

Another booger story: Yesterday H (still recovering slightly from his cold) said "I had to blow my nose to get the booger out so my "nose spit" could get out." First it was nose juice, now it's nose spit!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great story. Let me know how long the Firefighter angle works. :)