Monday, April 16, 2007

Sock fuzz

Here it is, that doozy of a kid story that I was trying to remember the other day.

H picked up a piece of blue sock fuzz from the carpet and mournfully asked if I could sew it back onto his sock. After the moment it took for me to realize that he was serious I explained to him that it would be very difficult to thread a needle and thread through that little fuzz. He wanted to know what he should do with it. I told him that most people just put it in the garbage or vacuum it up. The shocked look on his face was heartfelt . . . so I offered that he could (if he really felt so attached to the fuzz) save it in a container of some sort. YES! That was the answer to his problem! Now there is a very carefully guarded plastic jar on H's dresser containing his sock fuzz collection - yes he's adding to it!

No comments: