Friday, June 08, 2007

Bedtime talk

Okay this will be my final blog of the day - I promise!

I just tucked H into bed and we had a long conversation about a few things. First we talked about how Auntie M and Uncle S are getting ready to welcome some new children into their family and that the new kids come from far, far away in a different country. We are praying for them to be healthy and well taken care of until they can join our family.

Secondly he brought up again how he wants to marry his sweet cousin E. He's actually very concerned that someone else will marry her before he's old enough. I told him not to worry because they both have to grow up before they make any decisions about marriage. He commented with tears welling in his eyes, "but mom, I want to be with her because she cries when I leave." Dear cousin E, you are so precious and your kind, playful heart has won forever the loyalty of our H. I'm sure once you both are all grown, he will be one of your greatest defenders - right along with your daddy and big brother.

P.S. Sweet Bea, I love the pot-holder you wove me for my birthday!

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is very sweet. Elsa smiled when I told her and said, "boys and girls can't marry each other".

Guess I have some explaining to do.