Today we found ourselves headed to story time at a quant little bookstore in Uptown (WR). First of all, I rarely venture off my beaten path so the sense of victory I felt over finding a new location (even though my Map-Quest directions were wrong) was pretty darn huge!
The place was packed out with moms and toddlers. We were in for a treat as a guest story teller was in residence and we sat spellbound by his tales - well I can't say that Little E sat very still in my arms but putting a 17 month old down in a bookstore is a "no no". After our ears were tickled with fanciful stories we explored the store searching for the store's pet chinchilla - we found the birds, ferrets, tarantula, two cats, salamanders, but no chinchilla, wouldn't you know that's the one thing H wanted to see. We dashed to our car in-between downpours and somehow made it home without getting washed off the road by the torrential rains. I won't have to water the garden tonight!
2 comments:
It wouldn't happen to be the Wild Rumpus, now would it?! That's one of our favorites and always a must when we get to MN! Chris and I just were there as well!!!
Yes! A friend told me about it and then I saw it mentioned in your blog and so I figured I'd better check it out. Worth the drive!
Post a Comment