Friday, July 13, 2007

Theme song

Every waking breath seems to be accompanied by H da da da da da daing his way through the Star Wars theme song. It's become his next breath, he does it without thinking. Of course this is usually followed with Star Wars trivia, Mom, Did you know Luke Skywaker defeated the bounty hunter?" or "Last night we popped Darth Vader into pieces." And let's not forget that everything long and narrow gets turned into a light saber. This largely comes from playing Lego's Star Wars (thus the popping apart Lego figures). Tuesdays are my work nights and once Little E is in bed, the big boys pull out the X-box and get to the business of defending the galaxy. H wishes every night was a Tuesday night. He frequently suggests at breakfast (any day of the week) that I might need to work that night and not to worry cause he and papa will be busy playing Star Wars.

Okay so should I really be publicly admitting that my 4 year old plays X-box? I feel like I'm going to be judged as an unfit mom. But then again, my husband is a a bit of a techie and this is something that they really enjoy doing together. Since they spend plenty of time tearing up the rug wrestling together I figure H will survive and probably thrive from the time spent with his Papa. For the record I don't plan on letting him actually watch Star Wars until he's 30.

1 comment:

Pam said...

And now you too have entered the dark side...

Good luck on not letting him watch the movies. The Dad in our house started that at roughly age 6. Earlier than I would have preferred, but if thats the worst thing that enters here, its not so bad. Only one of the episodes SH can't see until he's older.

Have fun battling H! May the force be with you.