Friday, August 03, 2007

Anyone else?

Since this week's bridge collapse is anyone else obsessively contemplating how to escape (with small children) from a car submerged in water ? Or does your stomach go to mush as you drive over any bridge with water under it? I was going over my escape plan with EH tonight. (I said obsessive didn't I?) It started with "get a window open so that you're not stuck in the car" (it happens in ALL the movies!). Anyway, EH said that Myth-Busters proved that you can open your electric car windows under water without any problems. Good to know. I'll focus on undoing the seat belts from upside down cause I now understand that most cars will do a nosedive once they hit the water, following the weight of the engine. Yes this fear will pass but just FYI, I will not willingly cross that dang long bridge in Duluth that takes you to Superior. I didn't want to cross it before and now I really don't want to.

P.S. Fear is not trusting in God. . . right? It is so hard to trust that God will love and protect my children better than my very best efforts. But He tells us that He will so I'd better spend some time focusing on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to know that someone else shares my neurosis. I too have been planning my escape from a car upside down. There is nothing as upsetting as the feeling that you may not be able to protect your children from something tragic. So sad...

Pam said...

I think its good to have a plan..then leave it in God's hand.