Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Expedition Earth: China

Here we come China! Thank you to Confessions of a Homeschooler's Expedition Earth for a great journey!

An Asian sensory box. This is more for The General but the other kids have fun exploring it. It includes RICE, plastic white tigers and panda, fortune cookie messages, red pom poms, chop sticks, bamboo spoons, a special fabric case with a carved ivory stamp.











Practicing Chinese characters 1-10 and their names (and whatever that is that Agent E is working on).





















A guest story teller (who happened to bring Dilly Bars - YUM!) Thanks Grandma!











We're kind of a taco & pizza type family so I'm trying to expand our culinary experience through this geography study. :) Here's our Chinese buffet done in a way that I hoped it would be eaten. Honey-glazed chicken wings (The Kid's Multicultural Cookbook), chicken broth with chinese noodles, egg rolls (store bought), and fortune cookies.











































And finally our Wall of China (sculpted out of all the mixed together colors of Play-doh, time for some new doh)!











I'm keeping a collection of online resources to share with the kids on Pinterest. Here's a link to my China board.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Food looked tasty. How did the kids like it?

Granola said...

I actually had to teach H how to eat a chicken wing. He kept looking at me and saying "how do I eat it?" You see the look on his face in the picture? :) The other two wouldn't touch it.