Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Heel Pooch

As I was tucking H in for bed a few nights ago he was again pretending to be a puppy. He wanted me to give him a name . . . the only thing that came to mind was "Pooch", the name of my brother's dog when I was a kid. H loved the name and it has stuck. Tonight I was trying to think of a creative way to get him to obey me in a way that would avoid resistance. :) So I said that dogs are very obedient to their masters and whenever their masters say "heel" they come right away. It worked. Later as it was time to brush his teeth he even requested that I give him the command. I'm going to cherish this little gem and bring it out on "special" occasions. I can just see the looks now as I say "heel Pooch" to H in the grocery store.

Little E took a surprise dunk in the tub tonight. The way he leans over the edge of the tub as it's filling, I knew it was going to happen sometime soon. Fully clothed and soaked through and through . . . it took him a bit to gain his composure but he was smiling and laughing at papa's clowning around soon enough.

By the way, I just found a wonderful website for kids coloring and activity pages. Should have thought of this a long time ago: www.crayola.com. Great stuff for toddlers and older kids. Eddy has a printer to test at work so I'll be sending him lots of stuff to print out for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh oh...soon H won't be happy with
JUST pretending! Sounds like he is
really taken with the puppy thing that mama can even take advantage of...what a wise mama you are! As
for little E falling into the tub and coming out laughing, I'd say
you have a champion swimmer on your
hands!

Pam said...

We found Greta, fully clothed in the bath tub with Elsa a few weeks ago. She was pretty miffed when we pulled her out.