Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sianora Siesta

Farewell beloved nap time. H has ceased his afternoon snooze . . . I guess I knew that it was coming, I was just hoping for another year or so of it - I've heard that there are children out there who will take an afternoon snooze till they're five! Ah well, he now has an afternoon quiet time - though I'm not sure how quiet it actually is with all the crashing of Legos that I hear.

Yesterday in the car I heard little E let out a screech of frustration and an "Ah oh!" (does that qualify as a first word?). I had finally readjusted the baby mirror so I could notice that his snugly fleece hat with ear flaps had rotated about 90%, (so the ear flap was over his nose) he looked like a shrieking Viking! It was hilarious! Much to his relief I pulled the car over and fixed it.

A while ago, H was in the backseat of the car getting a bit squirrly so I offered him a snack. He quickly accepted the fruit leather I handed him. HOWEVER, something was very wrong. In the midst of all the crying and high pitched whining I heard "I'm not familiar with this!" Hmmm, what could that mean? He'd had fruit leather before lots of times. I offered to take the snack back and that ended things for awhile. About five minutes later he started up again and kept repeated the previously mentioned phrase. To my great horror I realized that I had opened the fruit leather wrapper horizontally rather than vertically! Mystery solved . . . adjust the wrapper to open the "correct way" and I had a very happy camper.

Last night little E woke up crying about a very dirty nappy. His hollers woke up his older brother who started his own wailing outside little E's door. After quickly taking care of the duty, I snuggle little E close and went into the hallway where H whispered "Mom, I'm in a very scary situation!". My heart went to mush.

No comments: