We have a circle shaped kitchen table with 4 wooden chairs - all filled by the older members of the family. The General (3 yr) is now big enough not to want a stool all the time and he wants to sit at a big person chair. I usually bring in a folding chair and he and I take turns who sits on it. Now last night this particular child (mentioned above) offered to switch chairs with me. The last time he did this I just thought he liked the novelty of sitting on the folding chair. Last night I asked him "Do you like sitting on the folding chair?" to which he said "No Mom, I like the wood chair too, I just don't like YOU having to sit on the folding chair." I nearly cried. I felt . . . honored.
Lord, thank you for reminding me that you are at work our children. Please help us not to grow weary in training them. You know there are so many times when I feel like I'm failing.
2 comments:
Yes! Our church used the Keepers of the Faith and the Contenders program for several years and I think everyone loved it. I still hear different ones talking about things they learned there. We quit because Arthur was in charge of the guys and just got too busy. It's a great program and has really expanded since we did it. You can do it with just your own kids or as many as kids as you can find! Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them!
Thank you so much Camille! I'm thinking of just starting out with us and then maybe inviting others to join too. We just need to figure a way to squeeze it into our schedule and budget and we're good to go! Thank you for responding!
Post a Comment