Friday, September 21, 2007

Furniture Flip

How I wish I could show you a picture of this bench when I found it at a garage sale. Picture a scuffed dark brown laminate beast, the top surface was peeling and had blister bubbles over the entire surface, junk. As I looked at it, the owner immediately said they would take half of the asking price, $3.00. Then they offered to deliver it to my house, I bought it. It's just what I was looking for for my front entry way, you know, minus it's current condition. After some paint, a remnant at the fabric store and some free foam I got off of Craig's List (the owner of the foam ended up living a street over from me and is a stay-at-home mom, how cool was that!), here's what it has become.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

I noticed that at the shower and thought how great it was. Never would have guessed it was old and beat up just a little bit ago. I love all the spots to store things.

Matthews said...

Great!!!! I think I need to find one like that for our front door as well!

Pam said...

Turned out great! Can you come over and help me finished my multitude of projects?

I like the dark red paint.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Sheryl! It looks like it came out of Pottery Barn...you rock.

Anonymous said...

You know what I love most? That I'm the stay-at-home mom around the corner. :-)

Carolyn