Saturday, September 08, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

Yesterday H was going to his buddy's up the street while I was going to do some errands. As I was dropping him off (which took about 25 min since I hadn't talked to my "buddy", AKA the mom, for way too long) I happened to mention that I was on my way to Trader Joe's and her eyes began to twinkle. As she dashed to her car for cash I realized that much to my delight I would be able to do her a favor. She came back with the request for rice pudding and Jo Jos (TJ's version of Oreos). It seems this rice pudding is her guilty pleasure once the kids are in bed. Can we actually admit to these pleasures? Oh the refreshing breath of air this brings! Mine would have to be once the boys are down for nap time and I sit down at the computer for a few quiet moments of web/blog surfing and ichating with my beloved. Anything chocolate will do. But I have also discovered the pleasure of banana chips dipped in peanut butter. I already have a significant love affair with banana chips and to combine them with peanut butter is sensational. Ah. . . I have a slight enjoyment of food, can you tell? Anyway, by the time I was leaving Trader Joe's the store clerk was also going to buy a carton of this rice pudding and half of the other groceries I had bought (I was buying for a bridal shower I'm thrilled to be hosting this week) and I was happily restocked with a bag of banana chips. To all of my five readers, what's your guilty pleasure?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I am one of your "five" readers and I confess that my favorite indulgence is eating an apple with a heaping TBLS. of SPROUTS natural, crunchy peanut butter. It has to be SPROUTS. I like the banana chip idea too.

Pam said...

Peanut m & m's with popcorn. But those aren't really food, are they. And I LOVE Naked brand juice...the green stuff with .5 lb of veggies.