Saturday, September 15, 2007

Laundry Day

I have been hearing more and more about the simplicity of having a "laundry day" for a couple of years now. My own dear SIL has mentioned the merits of it. I think I mentally blocked it out though thinking "it just wouldn't work for me". About six weeks ago I started to seriously stew on the idea. I have water the plants day (my plants are looking much healthier, thank you very much!), and pay the bills day, and cleaning day, so why not try this? I have been at it for three weeks now, not long enough for a happily-ever-after proclamation but . . . I think I'm changing my way of thinking. Before laundry day I just did the laundry whenever the piles seemed to be taking over the closet floor space OR whenever I need a "no-brainer" job to do so I felt like I had accomplished something. Now for all those moments when I'm not sure where to start, instead of grabbing a load of laundry, I'm going to the to-do list. I'm actually getting things done that I have let go for way too long (in my own opinion). My house is even starting to sparkle a little bit . . okay well maybe that's just the sun reflecting off the spilled juice on the floor but I can dream can't I. H has had to re-wear undies and socks a couple of times but you know, he really doesn't need to change his socks three times a day so I think he's learning a little something too. So enough already, so long laundry life and hello laundry day!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Three cheers for embracing change! I think your gonna like it. I was surprised too, once I started doing laundry only once a week, how much more time I had to pursue other things. Its been very enjoyable.

And a little dirt never hurt anyone; seriously, if you can't even SEE it, how bad could it be?!

Pam said...

Another way to look at it. Laundry once a week = more time to blog.