The door was swung wide open as E was pilfering through games and H's eye was attracted to the beginning reader books on his shelf. We've barely cracked these open, I guess I figured we'd spend time on them next school year for kindergarten. He strolled over to the shelf, pulled a set of Brand New Readers
Family, homeschool, a little about crunchy living and things loved from an introvert who finally found a way to communicate what's going on inside her head.
Monday, April 14, 2008
He's um . . . reading?
E has always loved to tear apart the pie cabinet in the corner of our kitchen. It's filled with all the school supplies and learning games. Now since I cleaned it H and E both have their own shelf, a shelf for games, and a shelf for the coloring/cutting supplies.
The door was swung wide open as E was pilfering through games and H's eye was attracted to the beginning reader books on his shelf. We've barely cracked these open, I guess I figured we'd spend time on them next school year for kindergarten. He strolled over to the shelf, pulled a set of Brand New Readers
off the shelf and casually said "I guess I'd better get started on these Mom." I didn't give it much more than a passing thought until I heard him over on the steps sounding out the words. . . ahh . . okay. I decided to go check things out. He proceeded to read through two books! Okay, yes I helped him a bit, especially since we haven't really practiced the long sound for vowels, etc. But he knew the "sh" sound and a few other word combinations that surprised me - way to go Word World! Now I know we have a long ways to go on this, but it is so much fun to have him be so excited about reading and trying to do it all on his own.
The door was swung wide open as E was pilfering through games and H's eye was attracted to the beginning reader books on his shelf. We've barely cracked these open, I guess I figured we'd spend time on them next school year for kindergarten. He strolled over to the shelf, pulled a set of Brand New Readers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
pretty amazing!
Post a Comment