For me it was warewolves. I remember sleeping on the floor of my room with my bed placed between me and the window for what seemed like months because I was afraid one would come bursting through my window. Yickes! I still remember the movie that inspired that fear and the long walk I had with my dad on a dusty road in MT discussing whether or not they were real.
The problem is, I can't tell him witches and wizards aren't real. He asked about their magic so we talked about how God's power is stronger than the magic that w&w use and how they even know they are weaker than God. That's part of the reason why Satan tries to make trouble for us by encouraging scary thoughts. By the end of our chat, he was punching the Devil in the face and yelling "JESUS" and giggling over the new found power he has through being a child of God.
Sometimes I struggle with what I believe and what I want to teach our children from my very charismatic upbringing. I wish I could get it all sorted out before Agent H brings on the tough questions.
2 comments:
I LOVE this post. These are some very difficult issues for those of use who choose to be honest with our kids about spiritual things. It's hard to know what they can handle. Your response to your little one was soooo good. Way to go!
Love it.
Post a Comment