Sunday, November 02, 2008

Agent H humor & politics

"We're like a family of chickens, only we're not chickens!" yes Agent H said that.

As I was eyeing a nice sensible BROWN leather ottoman that was on clearance at Target, Agent H was eyeing the bright RED ottoman across the aisle and he said to me "Sometimes its good to shake things up Mom."

This conversation was relayed to me by Ga. She and Agent H were out and about and he had a conversation that went something like this with a store employee.

Store Employee: Are you in kindergarten?
Agent H: Yes, homeschool kindergarten.
Store Employee: Ahhh okay.
Agent H: And we don't want the brown guy to be president because he doesn't like homeschool.

Hmmm . . . explanation. Earlier I had been reading to him a story about good sportsmanship that focused on the abuse that Jackie Robinson endured as the first professional colored baseball player. Then to explain how things have changed for the better, I explained that a black gentleman is running in the presidential election. He thought that was cool and that we should vote for him. I explained that it is cool but that we disagree with him on a lot of issues (including that he doesn't want us to be able to homeschool) so we would be voting for someone else. So, now he tells everyone just that. I guess we don't need a sign in our yard, he's telling everyone for us.

2 comments:

Along the Journey said...

Future politician? BB is trying to convince her class to tell there parents to vote for JMC. He will protect babies and not give working peoples money to people who just sit around!

Anonymous said...

Love the "shake it up" comment. A boy after my own heart! And that picture of H....ahhhh...it's so precious and just like looking into the sweet face of you when we were little.