Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving crafts

Lapbooking is all the rage here! We did some cool math centers a couple of weeks ago (I'll post about them later) and recently we've been working on our Thanksgiving lapbooks. I pretty much just copied what 1+1+1=1 did. The boys love going back and looking at all they put into their books.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I've heard about lapbooking but have never quite understood how to make one. thanks for sharing - do you know of any "how to lapbook" websites out there that help people like me who are a little unsure of how to do it??

Granola said...

Kristi,
I'm super new to lapbooking myself and I've been trying to get a better grasp of what it's all about. I found some help at a website called lapbooklessons.com. You have to become a member to see their stuff but it's free. Also I found some helpful videos on Utube. Actually I think the lady who runs Lapbook Lessons is the one who has her videos on Utube. The site I linked on this post (1+1+1=1) also has some great freebie lapbooks to do (one on the fruits of the spirit that is adorable!). I hope this helps. Let me know if you do some, I'd love to hear about it!