I've removed my McCain/Palin sign. Sigh. . . My good friend MT noticed my lack in posting lately and remarked that I must be in political mourning. It's true. I think I'm in a denial phase. I recall A Prairie Home Companion's Garrison Keillor remarking after our election four years ago that he wanted to just roll into the fetal position and stay there for the next four years. Well that's how I feel this time around. I'm trying not to bite my nails to the quick and fight the urge to go buy huge surpluses of food/supplies to be prepared "just-in-case".
The mantra among like-minded folks that I meet with these days: Of course God is still in control, but we get what we ask for.
3 comments:
Don't forget to go buy a gun!
EH has considered it!
Funny about the gun... Jim reminded me that we haven't been to the range in a loooong while to practice (I have a .22 rifle that I use for marksmenship) so we're planning a date... to go shooting.... Just call me Sarah right?
You know what I'm really tired of hearing? How people are "finally proud to be an American again." Which I find so disturbing. I'm proud to be American regardless of who the president is... I totally went off in a (locked) blog post about it.
I'm proud of my ancestors who fought against all odds to come here. I'm proud of my forefathers who had the courage to stand up for and sometimes die for their beliefs. There's so much more to America than just her president... he is, after all, just a person.
Post a Comment