Thursday, February 07, 2008

The doc said . . .

Looking good! Our little E managed to stay in the 85-90% range for his growth again. Measuring up to 3 ft, 1/4 in and weighing in at 30 1/2 pounds. It's funny 'cause lately he's taken to referring to himself as the "baby". I've tried to divert that to "little boy" so as not to cause any confusion when the next wee one arrives. He seems to like that description too and repeats "Boooy, booooy, boooy" as he points to himself.

As I was settling in to sleep the night before the appointment I lamented to EH that I would have to once again review our no vaccination policy with another doctor. In the morning I prayed about it and on the way to the appointment I can say that I felt no anxiety about it. The first thing our nurse said to us was "Here's your vaccination WAIVER form" and that was it, the new doc said absolutely nothing. No pressure, no having to defend ourselves once again. Relief!

So they say to measure your kids at age 2 and multiply it by 2 to see how tall they will ultimately be: looks like our little E could be over 6 feet. Way to grow little guy!

No comments: