The boys clamored for hot honey water before bed tonight. I don't usually indulge cause generally it means a midnight potty run that Agent H is sure to wake me up for. But tonight, the boys were fresh out of the tub and looking so irresistibly snugly and sweet that I in gave in. As we said our good night prayers it took me a moment to realize what it was that Ebug was thanking Jesus for . . . "honey soup".
2 comments:
So how do you make that? Just add honey to hot water? Sounds intriguing - I'm always looking for something "sweet" that isn't actually sugar. My kids wish for hot cocoa after they go outside and I'd love to have something that I could actually give them ocassionally.
Hi Kristie,
Yes, I just stir in a little less than a tablespoon of honey to some heated water and mix. On occasion, my mom used to give this to us to warm us up and settle us down before bed. I drank it a lot when I was pregnant for some reason too. Honey has so many health benefits - it so nice to give your kids something they love that's good for them!
Post a Comment