We were however pleasantly surprised by some unexpected bounty. Wild strawberries and wild black raspberries
One thing our yard was pretty good at supporting was ants. Last year I noticed a large ant colony establishing itself under one of our oaks, right under my clothesline. There were huge areas where the dirt had been pushed up by the ants. This year they were back and had spread to more areas. I asked my girlfriend who knows ALL when it comes to treating anything naturally. Boiling water was her solution. I dumped tea pot after tea pot of boiling water and it worked! Okay so our grass was a bit charred for a few weeks but it greened up again and the ants didn't come back.
5 comments:
You are so blessed! They look scrumptous.
Oooo, I like the boiling water idea. We have some ants that have taken up residence in our backyard. I'll get right to it!
Yes - it is great! I've also heard of adding soap to the boiling water but the boiling water alone seemed to work. I hope it works for you too!
We did the boiling water trick twice this summer when we had two mysterious influxes of ants. Huge amounts...they, must have totaled in the thousands. We boiled, they died and it made quick work.
I'm glad to hear another success story!
Post a Comment