Photos of our first day of Kindergarten (and tot school).
Agent H took a few shots of the lovely PJ wearing teacher. She had better get her act together - jesh!
We started with the pledge of allegence and the Christian pledge. After two days of trying to keep both boys pointed in the direction of the flag, with hands over hearts, repeating the unfamiliar words I decided saying the pledges on just Mondays would be a good enough for now.
I love these bins! (Top shelf) I actually assembled them for Ebug but they are helpful in more ways than I had anticipated. As I read our first history lesson Agent H figited the entire time and summed up the lesson with "history is boring!". So the next day we did our lesson at the table and each boy got to pick a bin to play with. With their hands busy, they listened quietly. I almost skipped the questions at the end of the chapter thinking it would be a waste but then I changed my mind and asked anyways. Agent H happily knew the answer to every one of them. I'm thinking kinestetic learner . . . ?
By far I think our favorite part of school is story time. We're reading Reddy Fox by Thornton W. Burgess. After reading one day we wrote a letter to Reddy warning him about being so boastful. Agent H dictated the letter to me and then we planted it in Reddy's mailbox outside and played hide 'n seek.
We've had such a fun time together! I'm still trying to figure out how to manage the house along with school. For now, I've given up bread baking.
5 comments:
Sounds like fun! I like the way you are chronicling, your day!
Love hearing about how school goes for you! Hats off on what sounds like a great beginning!
Thanks Matthews! I'm looking forward to finding out how your new job works out. I love following along your blog!
So...what are in the bins? Small furry animals? Please tell, I could use some inspiration.
I just finished posting about the bins. :) I had meant to do it and just got behind on my plan. I don't think of you as needing inspiration PW - you are my inspiration!
Post a Comment